*** Please note that returns / exchanges are not possible due to the Covid-19 until further notice ***
What do we do with your information?
In the purchasing and selling process, we gather personal information such as your name, address, and e-mail. When you navigate our webpage, we also automatically receive the Internet protocol of your computer (IP address), which gives us information about your navigator and your operating system.
In order to answer to the new Canadian norms on Internet publicity, we have started the newsletter La Ronronneuse. This newsletter allows us to send you publicity, promotions, and other updates, only if you have permitted us to do so either by:
- Joining the newsletter yourself;
- Checking the option “I accept the marketing” when you pay for your order.
By using this website, you declare that you are an adult in your state or province of residence; or that you are an adult in your state or province of residence who can consent to allow a minor to use this website.
How do we obtain your consent?
Your confidentiality is precious.
- When you give us personal information (credit card numbers, address, chosen products…) during an order, we presume that you are giving us your consent to use them for sales and shipping purposes.
- If we request your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we explicitly ask you for your consent, in which case you will, of course, decline the offer.
How can I remove my name and information from inquiries?
At any point, you can remove your consent for the collection and use of your personal information or for marketing, by contacting us by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Modifications of this Policy
- We reserve the right to modify our confidentiality policy at any time, so please consult it regularly.
- The changes and precisions that are made will take effect immediately after their publication on the website.
- If we make major changes to this policy, we will inform you as soon as it is updated.
- Please note that if our store is linked to or bought by another company, your information could be transferred to the new owners, so that we can continue offering our products.
Questions and contact details
If you wish to correct, modify, or remove your personal information, file a complaint, or desire more information, please contact us at: email@example.com
Protection Of Personal Information
- In order to protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow the best practices to insure that it is not lost, accessed, disclosed, modified or destroyed.
- If you provide us with your credit card information, it will be encrypted using Secure Socket Layer technology and stocked with AES-256 encryption.
- Not one method of electronic transfers is 100% secure. However, we follow all of the PCI-DSS requirements and put into place additional norms that are generally recognized within the industry.
Returns & Exchanges
Return and exchange policies
You must contact us by e-mail or by telephone before sending back the merchandise. Items must be returned along with the invoice, and the customer must assume the return fees. Exchanges are allowed, except in case of special orders or custom made items. In order to exchange or return an item, it must be in its original packaging, and it must be suitable to resale. You are granted a period of 14 days following the arrival of your order to request for a return or an exchange.
There are certain situations that returns are not allowed:
- Any item that is not in its original condition, that is damaged, or that is missing pieces for any reasons other than a manufacturing defect.
- Any item that is returned more than 14 days after delivery for reasons other than a manufacturing defect.
The policies and the duration of guarantees vary depending on the manufacturer. If you believe that your product is defective, contact us at: Melissa@minishack.ca. We will arrange the return of the product to its manufacturer according to their policies. Please do not send your order to the manufacturer without consulting us first.
Third Party Providers
- Third party providers intervene in the sales process and recollect or use your information when necessary (i.e. transactions linked to purchases).
- Some of these third party providers, such as the payment gateway and other transaction processors, have their own confidentiality policies. We invite you to read these on their websites so that you can understand how your personal information will be handled.
- Do not forget that some providers may be located in a jurisdiction different from yours or ours.
- If you decide to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third party provider, your personal information could be subject to the jurisdiction laws where this provider or its installations are located.
- For example, if you are in Canada and a processor in the United States treats your transaction, your personal information could be submitted to the disclosure by the legislations of the United States, including the Patriot Act.
- When you click a link on our webpage, it could redirect you to another page. We are not responsible for other webpages’ practices and we encourage you to read their confidentiality declarations.